The Advanced Make-up Certificate Course
4 Week IMA Foundation/Fashion/Photographic Make-up Course.
This is an exciting and intensive make-up course which incorporates the Two-week Foundation Course from basic level through to bridal & special occasion make-up and the Two-week Creative Make-up Course, including the photographic shoot.
We provide an excellent range of top make-up brands, skin care products and equipment.
- You will learn techniques and trends for catwalk (runway), television, film, and photographic make-up (for editorials etc.), and understand the effect of lighting on make-up.
- You will have the opportunity to see how a professional Make-up Artist presents a portfolio, and receive advice on starting your own.
- On the course you will have one Studio Colour photoshoot.
To check our previous students' photoshoot work please see our Gallery page here.
This is one of our most popular courses and promises to be exciting and motivating for those who wish to become a professional Make-up Artist.
The Course Covers:
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Full client consultation: skin analysis, face shape, eye brow shape
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure
- Colour wheel – theory and identification (cool rose/warm peach)
- Colour correction (warming/cooling)
- Choosing and application of foundation
- Concealer choice and application
- Sun kissing (application of bronzer, shading, highlighting)
- Powder application
- Application of eye makeup showing a number of techniques
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual
- Lipstick, blusher application
- Product awareness.
- Day and Evening Make-up
- European Bridal Make-up
- Theory exam and Mock exam
- Catwalk smokey eyes Make-up with gloss
- Creative Make-up: pop art
- Eyebrow concealing with 1920s makeup
- Diamontes,glitter and Feathers look
- Glamorous Make-up: Double eyeliner
- Aqua colour mask make-up
- 1950s: pin-up look (photographic make-up)
- 1960s Make-up: Twiggy look
- Graphic lips
- Color Photographic photo Shoot
- Monochromatic make-up.
After this course, you will be required to complete a portfolio and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications.
An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- Our students are offered special discounts from: Dermalogica, Jane Iredale.
- Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a discount for Make-up professionals in the UAE.
- The London College of Make-up is collaborating with M.H. Alshaya Co., one of leading retail franchise operators in the Middle East, to provide work opportunities for graduates of our College. On completion of their course with the College, graduates will be able to apply for a full-time role with one of Alshaya’s health & beauty brands.
- Our Alumni (Former Students) will be offered work experience when available through our close connections with the fashion and beauty industry.
We help them build their portfolios and confidence to get a head start in the competitive industry.
- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
- No previous experience required
- Casual dress code
- A good Level of English is required.
- You are only required to bring your own set of professional make-up brushes (14 different brushes minimum) and In-Class Tool Kit. Please Click Here for The Required Tools.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have make-up applied on you as well as applying it to others. Photographic evidence of make-up will be required for all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
4 Weeks - Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10:00 Am - 05:00 PM)
- Start Date: (08 January 2017), End Date: (02 February 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (12 March 2017), End Date: (06 April 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (14 May 2017), End Date: (08 June 2017) [Register Now]
- Start Date: (02 July 2017), End Date: (27 July 2017)
- Start Date: (10 September 2017), End Date: (05 October 2017)
- Start Date: (12 November 2017), End Date: (07 December 2017)
IMA Make-up Application Certificate
The following items are required and supplied by the college and included in the total course cost:
- All Products are supplied by College
- Registration with IMA: AED 400
- IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red): AED 150
- IMA Course Notes Book: AED 120
- IMA Examination: AED 1500
- Portfolio Building ( 1 Photo-shoot with Professional Model)
Total Course Cost: AED 15,000
Note 1: If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is AED 500
Note 2: If students request a date re-schedule for the exam, the retake fees will be AED 1500.