The Foundation Make-up Certificate Course
2 Week Foundation Make-up Certificate.
This is a two-week course designed for those wishing to learn basic professional skills up to special occasion and bridal level. A vast range of top make-up brands are provided for class use with course notes.
The course covers:
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Full client consultation: skin analysis, face shape, eye brow shape
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure
- Colour wheel – theory and identification (cool rose/warm peach)
- Colour correction (warming/cooling)
- Choosing and application of foundation
- Concealer choice and application
- Sun kissing (application of bronzer, shading, highlighting)
- Powder application
- Application of eye makeup showing a number of techniques including the classic smoky eyes and flick eyeliner.
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual
- Lipstick, blusher application
- Product awareness.
- Day and Evening Make-up
- European Bridal Make-up: English Rose
- Theory exam and Mock exam.
You will be working in a professional make-up studio environment with a balance of demonstration and hands-on practical work.
A log of your work during your course is required as an assignment, along with a short research plan and simple business plan.
You will have to pass all practical assessments and the written pieces of work in your file to obtain the qualification. All written assignments have to be submitted on the date of your practical exam to be checked by the UK examiner.
After this course, you will be required to complete a portfolio and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications.
An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- Our students are offered special discounts from: Dermalogica, Jane Iredale.
- Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a discount for Make-up professionals in the UAE.
- The London College of Make-up is collaborating with M.H. Alshaya Co., one of leading retail franchise operators in the Middle East, to provide work opportunities for graduates of our College. On completion of their course with the College, graduates will be able to apply for a full-time role with one of Alshaya’s health & beauty brands.
- Our Alumni (Former Students) will be offered work experience when available through our close connections with the fashion and beauty industry.
We help them build their portfolios and confidence to get a head start in the competitive industry.
- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
- No previous experience required
- Casual dress code
- A good Level of English is required.
- You are only required to bring your own set of professional make-up brushes (14 different brushes minimum) and In-Class Tool Kit. Please Click Here for The Required Tools.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have make-up applied on you as well as applying it to others. Photographic evidence of make-up will be required for all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
2 Weeks - Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10:00 Am - 05:00 PM)
- Start Date: (08 January 2017), End Date: (19 January 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (12 March 2017), End Date: (23 March 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (14 May 2017), End Date: (25 May 2017) [Register Now]
- Start Date: (02 July 2017), End Date: (13 July 2017)
- Start Date: (10 September 2017), End Date: (21 September 2017)
- Start Date: (12 November 2017), End Date: (23 November 2017)
IMA Make-up Application Certificate
The following items are required and supplied by the college and included in the total course cost:
- All Products are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA: AED 400
- IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red): AED 150
- IMA Course Notes Book: AED 120
- IMA Examination: AED 1500
Total Course Cost: AED 9,000
To complete your booking please pay a 50% deposit of course fees.
Note 1: If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is AED 500.
Note 2: If students request a date re-schedule for the exam, the retake fees will be AED 1500.