Hair Styling Diploma Course
IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair Course.
This five day introductional course aims to teach you how to dress hair to a basic level and is recommended for make-up artists who need skills in hair styles to gain better employment opportunities within the fashion and media industry.
Hair Styling Diploma Course
This five day introduction course aims to teach you how to dress hair to a basic level and is recommended for make-up artists who need skills in hair styles to gain better employment opportunities within the fashion and media industry.
This course is also great for beginners who want an introduction to hair-styling.
The course covers:
Hair Styling Diploma Course
- Hygiene and Safety
- Basic Hair Chemistry
- Plaits – Three Strand, French and Fish Tail
- Basic Blow Drying techniques
- Hair Straightening
- Advanced Blow Drying to create root lift and curl
- Roller set and Root movement theory
- Pin curl and Rag sets
- Tonging / electrical curling
- Hair finishing and texturizing
- The Perfect Pony Tail
- Twisting and pinning hair
- Preparation for putting hair up
- Dressing long hair – Chignon, Classic bun
- Back combing/brushing
- Beehive hair style
- Types of hair pins and correct use
- Hair Assessment
In order to pass the qualification each student must have attended 100% of the teaching time.
Attendance records will be checked by an External Examiner and those students who have not met the required attendance will not be eligible to receive the Diploma.
Photographic evidence must be included in your portfolio showing all the Variations you have achieved. ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots are required to demonstrate the transformation you have made to the hair.
After this course, you will be required to complete a portfolio and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students. The evaluation date will be on a later date depending on the availability of examiners.
Therefore please check with the college before booking to find out the exact dates
- No previous experience required.
- Casual dress code.
- A good Level of English is required.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have hair styles applied on you as well as applying it to others.
- Before/After Photographic evidence of the hair style will be required from all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
Dates & Timings:
5 Days – Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10:00 Am – 05:00 PM)
- Start Date: (17 February 2019), End Date: (21 February 2019)
- Start Date: (21 April 2019), End Date: (25 April 2019)
- Start Date: (28 July 2019), End Date: (01 August 2019)
- Start Date: (06 October 2019), End Date: (10 October 2019)
- Start Date: (08 December 2019), End Date: (12 December 2019)
1- IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair.
Accredited by: KHDA
All the Hair equipment and Brushes are supplied by College
At LCM we only use the best of products and equipment in the industry to provide you with the finest learning experience. A vast range of top make-up brands are supplied for class use.
- MAC Pro Card: Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a 40% discount.
- Kryolan Discount Card: Once you finish your make-up course, you will get a customized Kryolan Discount Card which offers a 20% discount on all the SFX Make-up products.
- Pro Hygiene: 20% discount on purchase during the class seminar.
- Kitmate: 20% discount on online purchase by using discount code.
College Location & Facilities
- Our college is located in the heart of Dubai Knowledge Park. It is an educational free trade zone campus that provides facilities for training and learning institutions.
- It is easily accessible by Metro (10 minutes’ walk )
- It is easily accessible by Tram ( 3 minutes’ walk )
- It is easily accessible by Bus ( 1 minute walk )
Valet Parking services & Street Parking are also available.
- The College is collaborating with M.H. Alshaya Co., one of leading retail franchise operators in the Middle East, to provide work opportunities for graduates of our College. On completion of their course with the College, graduates will be able to apply for a full-time role with one of top health & beauty brands Like MAC cosmetic & more.
- Our Alumni (Former Students) will be offered work experience when available through our close connections with the fashion and beauty industry.
We help them build their portfolios and confidence to get a head start in the competitive industry.
- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
Our Qualifications are truly international
Most fashion make-up houses who employ pro staff would require a recognized independent qualifications to show that the employee has the standard level of understanding in hygiene, application and client care.
The following items are required and supplied by the college and included in the total course cost:
- All the Hair equipment and Brushes are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA: AED 500
- IMA Fashion/Photographic/Media Book (Green): AED 140
- Course Notes Book: AED 140
- IMA Examination: AED 1,500
Total Course Cost: AED 6,000
To complete your booking please pay a 50% deposit of course fees.
Note 1: If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is AED500.
Note 2: If students request a date re-schedule for the exam, the retake fees will be AED1,500
(*) Excluding Taxes