Hair Styling Diploma Course
IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair Course.
This five day introductional course aims to teach you how to dress hair to a basic level and is recommended for make-up artists who need skills in hair styles to gain better employment opportunities within the fashion and media industry.
This course is also great for beginners who want an intorduction to hairstyling.
Syllabus for the course:
- Hygiene and Safety
- Basic Hair Chemistry
- Equipment use and description
- Product training
- Plaits - Three Strand, French and Fish Tail
- Basic Blow Drying techniques
- Hair Straightening
- Advanced Blow Drying to create root lift and curl
- Roller set and Root movement theory
- Pin curl and Rag sets
- Tonging / electrical curling
- Hair finishing and texturizing
- The Perfect Pony Tail
- Twisting and pinning hair
- Preparation for putting hair up
- Dressing long hair - Chignon, Classic bun
- Back combing/brushing
- Beehive hair style
- Types of hair pins and correct use
- Hair Assessment
In order to pass the qualification each student must have attended 100% of the teaching time. Attendance records will be checked by an External Examiner and those students who have not met the required attendance will not be eligible to receive the Diploma.
Photographic evidence must be included in your portfolio showing all the Variations you have achieved. ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots are required to demonstrate the transformation you have made to the hair.
After this course, you will be required to complete a portfolio and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students. The evaluation date will be on a later date depending on the availability of examiners. Therefore please check with the college before booking to find out the exact dates
Student Discounts: Our students are offered special discounts from: Dermalogica, and Jane Iredale.
- No previous experience required
- Casual dress code
- A good Level of English is required.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have hair styles applied on you as well as applying it to others. Before/After Photographic evidence of the hair style will be required from all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
5 Days - Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10:00 Am - 05:00 PM)
- Start Date: (20 November 2016) End Date: (24 November 2016) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (19 February 2017), End Date: (23 February 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (16 April 2017) , End Date: (20 April 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (13 August 2017) , End Date: (17 August 2017)
- Start Date: (22 October 2017), End Date: (26 October 2017)
IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair.
- All the Hair equipments and Brushes are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA: AED 400
- IMA Fashion/Photographic/Media Book (Green): AED 120
- Course Notes Book: AED 110
- IMA Examination: AED 1,500
Total Course Cost: AED 6,000