Terms & Conditions
FEES, PAYMENTS & REFUNDS
1. A 50% deposit is required when making a booking for a course to confirm your seat.
2. Deposits are non-refundable if a student cancels their booking for whatever reason (For example: PERSONAL PROBLEMS, ILLNESS, ALLERGY, CHANGE OF MIND, RELOCATION, PREGNANCY, ILLNESS OR DEATH IN THE FAMILY, CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, FAILURE TO OBTAIN A LOAN/VISA ETC.) less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course and no approval for change of course date will be granted, unless the course is cancelled by the college.
3. The IMA registration fee "AED 400" is non-refundable in the case of a cancellation request by applicant.
4. For Non-IMA courses the LCM registration fee "AED 200" in non-refundable in the case of a cancellation request by applicant.
5. If a payment is done by cheque and the cheque returns, "AED 200" fee must be paid on each cheque returned for mismatch reason or/and lack of funds in the Account.
6. The full course fee should be paid to the college no later than the starting date of the course. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being lost and no entitlement to continue on the course or change to a new date will be granted.
7. When cancelling a booking after joining the course, the full payment will be forfeited in case the student cancels their course for whatever reason (For example: PERSONAL PROBLEMS, ILLNESS, ALLERGY, CHANGE OF MIND, RELOCATION, PREGNANCY, ILLNESS OR DEATH IN THE FAMILY, CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, FAILURE TO OBTAIN A LOAN/VISA ETC.)
8. For change of course date, the "AED 150" change date fee must be paid and at least 15 days' written notice must be given to London College of Make-up (courses are subject to availability). The applicant can make only one change of date.
9. A student is accepted on subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the date (the start date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
10. Students will not be accepted on the starting date unless full payment of fees has been made.
11. Students are only allowed to upgrade their course booking. Any course downgrade requests cannot be granted.
12. Students making payments of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that proof of payment from their bank accompanies their application form. The remitting bank must quote the full name of the attending student on the details of payment.
13. All fees must be received by the college without deduction; therefore all bank charges and exchange rates must be paid by the applicant.
14. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God, environmental disasters or terrorist act.
We offer a mature training environment and therefore we cannot accept students under the age of 18 years. Unfortunately, We cannot make exceptions to this policy.
Applicants with disabilities/illnesses
Applicants with disabilities or medical needs must clarify their condition to the college prior to booking, in order to receive a confirmation from our education team on whether or not they can be accommodated in our learning environment before they proceed with a booking.
Punctuality and Attendance
- STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ON THE FIRST DAY OF THEIR COURSE.
- Students must have a minimum of 80% attendance for your course/workshop in order to receive their qualification.
- Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
- It is very important that students maintain good time keeping and attendance.
- Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the College’s Director without prior notice.
- The college will be closed on all UAE public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course or reduction in fees given, unless the course is shorter than 6 days.
- Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfilment of the criteria set out by the awarding body. The decision of the IMA awarding body Director is final in all such cases.
- Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to study on our courses.
- Whilst training, as would be expected in the industry, teachers cannot be held responsible for information missed due to lateness or absence and cannot go back over subject matter already covered for individual students. Some awarding bodies will not allow you to sit their examination if you have not achieved the correct level of attendance.
- After an IMA course, you will be required to complete a portfolio/file and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- The exam date may be at the end of the course or at a later date depending on the availability of examiners. Therefore students must check with the college before booking to find out the date of exam.
- Students failing to complete their examination or subjects etc. will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing.
- Students can attend the first exam that follows their course free-of-charge.
- Rescheduling for the next exam dates is chargeable at a fee of "AED 1,500".
- If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is "AED 500" with condition that the retake is done within the dates of the same exam period (Subject to time and seat availability).
- As with all college systems, students must attend an exam date within 1 year from their course starting date. Students failing to do so must take any refresher course prior to extending their exam schedule for one more year.
- If the College cancels an exam schedule, the College will give a time extension to the next exam date available.
- All students must adhere to the dress code whilst on college premises. Students are required to wear respectable clothing.
- To prevent hazards and accidents in the college, high heels are not permitted. Only flats or low heels of maximum 3 cm. can be worn.
- Eating, chewing gum and smoking breaks are completely prohibited during class hours.
It is your responsibility to read all our online course details and ensure that you have received sufficient information and advice on the course that matches your needs.
This can be done by communicating with our Educational Team (by telephone, letter or email) or by having an ‘interview’ with us.
Due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras and audio recording is not permitted during theory and demonstration hours.
If any student behaves improperly on the college premises including any form of bad verbal language, cheating during an assessment/exam, damages, takes or removes any equipment belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately.
1- London College of Make-up does NOT offer any student or visit visa as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 90 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa.
2- You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country, However we can issue a stamped confirmation letter (Free of Charge) of your course booking with LCM which may help you with your personal visa application.
London College of Make-up may assign its rights and duties under these Terms and Conditions to any party at any time without notice to Customers.