The Full Make-up Diploma Course
8 Week IMA Foundation/Fashion/Photographic/Media & Special Effects Make-up Diploma.
The ultimate course for those who are serious about a career in high-fashion and Media Make-up Artistry.
This course will take you from a basic foundation level, through to a high level of photographic and creative make-up. Working in pairs, the students work on each other to gain the widest range of experience. A vast range of top make-up brands and equipment are supplied for class use.
On the course you will have one Studio Colour photoshoot and one Monochrome photoshoot.
To check our previous students' photoshoot work please see our Gallery page here.
The course covers:
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Full client consultation: skin analysis, face shape, eye brow shape
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure
- Colour wheel – theory and identification (cool rose/warm peach)
- Colour correction (warming/cooling)
- Choosing and application of foundation
- Concealer choice and application
- Sun kissing (application of bronzer, shading, highlighting)
- Powder application
- Application of eye makeup showing a number of techniques
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual
- Lipstick, blusher application
- Product awareness.
- Day and Evening Make-up
- European Bridal Make-up
- Theory exam and Mock exam
- Catwalk smokey eyes Make-up with gloss
- Creative Make-up: pop art
- Eyebrow concealing with 1920s makeup
- Diamontes,glitter and Feathers look
- Glamorous Make-up: Double eyeliner
- Aqua colour mask make-up
- 1950s: pin-up look (photographic make-up)
- 1960s Make-up: Twiggy look
- Graphic lips
- Color Photographic photo Shoot
- Monochromatic make-up
Photographic, Theatrical and Media:
- Face and Body Painting
- French Revolution
- Ancient Egyptian
- Monochrome Photo Shoot
- False beards & moustaches / stubble.
- Cuts, bruises and scarring.
- Bullet wound
- Burns to third degree.
- Spots / Blemish.
- Pigmented Mole with hair
- Open Bleeding Wound
- Severed Finger
- Cold Sore /Scab
- Sweat and Sunburn
- Slit wrists and slit throat
- Hygiene and Safety
- Basic Hair Chemistry
- Plaits - Three Strand, French and Fish Tail
- Basic Blow Drying techniques
- Hair Straightening
- Advanced Blow Drying to create root lift and curl
- Roller set and Root movement theory
- Pin curl and Rag sets
- Tonging / electrical curling
- Hair finishing and texturizing
- The Perfect Pony Tail
- Twisting and pinning hair
- Preparation for putting hair up
- Dressing long hair - Chignon, Classic bun
- Back combing/brushing
- Beehive hair style
- Types of hair pins and correct use
- Hair Assessment
After this course, you will be required to complete a portfolio and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications.
An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- Our students are offered special discounts from: Dermalogica, Jane Iredale.
- Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a discount for Make-up professionals in the UAE.
- The London College of Make-up is collaborating with M.H. Alshaya Co., one of leading retail franchise operators in the Middle East, to provide work opportunities for graduates of our College. On completion of their course with the College, graduates will be able to apply for a full-time role with one of Alshaya’s health & beauty brands.
- Our Alumni (Former Students) will be offered work experience when available through our close connections with the fashion and beauty industry.
We help them build their portfolios and confidence to get a head start in the competitive industry.
- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
- No previous experience required.
- Casual dress code.
- A good Level of English is required.
- You are only required to bring your own set of professional make-up brushes (14 different brushes minimum) and In-Class Tool Kit. Please Click Here for The Required Tools.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have make-up applied on you as well as applying it to others. Photographic evidence of make-up will be required for all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
8 Weeks - Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10:00 Am - 05:00 PM)
- Start Date: (08 January 2017), End Date: (02 March 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (12 March 2017), End Date: (04 May 2017) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (02 July 2017), End Date: (24 August 2017) [Register Now]
- Start Date: (10 September 2017), End Date: (02 November 2017)
1- IMA Make-up Application Certificate
2- IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair
3- IMA Fashion, Photographic and Media Make-up Diploma
The following items are required and supplied by the college and included in the total course cost:
- All Products are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA: AED 400
- IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red): AED 150
- IMA Fashion/Photographic/Media Book (Green): AED 120
- IMA Course Notes Book: AED 120
- IMA Examination: AED 1500
- Portfolio Building (2 Photo-shoots with Professional Models)
Total Course Cost: AED 25,500
To complete your booking please pay a 50% deposit of course fees.
Note 1: If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is AED 500.
Note 2: If students request a date re-schedule for the exam, the retake fees will be AED 1500.