Advanced Makeup Certificate Course
4 Week IMA Foundation / Fashion / Photographic Makeup.
This is an exciting and intensive make-up course which incorporates the Two-week Foundation makeup Course from basic level through to bridal & special occasion make-up and the Two-week Creative Make-up Course, including the photographic shoot.
We provide an excellent range of top make-up brands, skin care products and equipment.
- You will learn techniques and trends for catwalk (runway), television, film, and photographic make-up (for editorials etc.), and understand the effect of lighting on make-up.
- You will have the opportunity to see how a professional Make-up Artist presents a portfolio, and receive advice on starting your own.
- On the course you will have one Studio Colour photo-shoot.
This is one of our most popular courses and promises to be exciting and motivating
for those who wish to become a professional Make-up Artist.
The course covers:
1- Foundation Makeup Course:
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Full client consultation: skin analysis, face, eye & brow.
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure
- Colour wheel – theory and identification.
- Colour correction (warming/cooling).
- Choosing and application of foundation
- Concealer choice and application
- Sun kissing (bronzer, shading, highlighting)
- Powder application
- Application of eye makeup (many techniques)
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual
- Lipstick, blusher application
- Product awareness.
- Day and Evening Make-up
- European Bridal Make-up
- Theory exam and Mock exam
2 - Creative Makeup Course:
- Catwalk smokey eyes Make-up with gloss
- Creative Make-up: pop art
- Eyebrow concealing with 1920s makeup
- Diamontes,glitter and Feathers look
- Glamorous Make-up: Double eyeliner
- Aqua colour mask make-up
- 1950s: pin-up look (photographic make-up)
- 1960s Make-up: Twiggy look
- Graphic lips
- Color Photographic photo Shoot
- Monochromatic make-up
- After an IMA course, you will be required to complete a portfolio/file and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- The exam date may be at the end of the course or at a later date depending on the availability of examiners. Therefore students must check with the college before booking to find out the date of exam.
- No previous experience required.
- Casual dress code.
- A good Level of English is required.
- You are only required to bring your own set of professional make-up brushes: (14 different brushes minimum) and In-Class Tool Kit.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have make-up applied on you as well as applying it to others.
- Photographic evidence of make-up will be required for all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
Dates & Timings:
4 Weeks – Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10 Am – 05 PM)
- Start Date: (05 July 2020), End Date: (30 July 2020) [Fully Booked]
- Start Date: (02 September 2020), End Date: (29 September 2020) [Register Now!]
- Start Date: (25 October 2020), End Date: (19 November 2020)
1- IMA Make-up Application Certificate.
2- LCM Creative Make-up Certificate Course.
All the Make-up are supplied by College
At LCM we only use the best of products and equipment in the industry to provide you with the finest learning experience. A vast range of top make-up brands are supplied for class use.
- MAC Pro Card: Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a 40% discount.
- Kryolan Discount Card: Once you finish your make-up course, you will get a customized Kryolan Discount Card which offers a 20% discount on all the SFX Make-up products.
College Location & Facilities
- Our college is located in the heart of Dubai Knowledge Park. It is an educational free trade zone campus that provides facilities for training and learning institutions.
- It is easily accessible by Metro (10 minutes’ walk )
- It is easily accessible by Tram ( 3 minutes’ walk )
- It is easily accessible by Bus ( 1 minute walk )
Valet Parking services & Street Parking are also available.
Portfolio Building (1 Professional Photo-shoots)
During the course you will have one Studio Color photo-shoot with Professional Models. Teaching the high standards of working professionally in a studio environment.
- The College is collaborating with M.H. Alshaya Co., one of leading retail franchise operators in the Middle East, to provide work opportunities for graduates of our College. On completion of their course with the College, graduates will be able to apply for a full-time role with one of top health & beauty brands Like MAC cosmetic & more.
- Our Alumni (Former Students) will be offered work experience when available through our close connections with the fashion and beauty industry.
We help them build their portfolios and confidence to get a head start in the competitive industry.
- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
Our Qualifications are truly international
We provide an industry benchmark for make-up artists and those who want to employ make-up artists.
Most fashion make-up houses who employ pro staff would require a recognized independent qualifications to show that the employee has the standard level of understanding in hygiene, application and client care.
The following items are required and supplied by the college and included in the total course cost:
- All Products are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA.
- IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red).
- IMA Course Notes Book.
- IMA Examination.
- Portfolio Building (One Photo-shoots with Professional Models).
Total Course Cost: AED16,000
* Save AED 4,800 off with 30% discount for 2 of September Class.
* Save AED 1,500 off with EarlyBird discount.
Note 1: If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is AED525.
Note 2: If students request a date re-schedule for the exam, the retake fees will be AED1,575
(*) Excluding Taxes