Atelier 2020 Theatre & Stage Make-up Diploma Course
8 Week IMA Foundation / Beauty / Hair Styling / Theatre & Stage Make-up Diploma Course.
In collaboration with Expo 2020, this intensive training is offered to those who wish to seek a professional career in the world of Theatre and Stage Make-up.
Atelier 2020 – Theatre and Stage Makeup Diploma Course
8 Week IMA Foundation/Beauty/Hair Styling/Theatre & Stage Makeup Diploma.
You will learn how to research and use reference photos to create period looks and characters with makeup for TV, theatre and stage. During the 2 months of this course, students will use various tools as well as airbrush techniques required for your characters. The make-up artist needs the knowledge and techniques we teach in this module in order to learn how to maintain an effect of continuity and adaptation for the character’s story.
This course is suitable for beginners starting with the basics before moving to detailed make-up application.
Our atelier 2020 courses are in collaboration with Expo 2020, offering a unique learning experience exclusive to London College of Make-up in Dubai and exceptional work opportunities after the course. The students of this course will also have the chance to join a wig-making course with another Expo partner in June 2020.
It is suitable for beginners and experienced artists requiring a refresher.
The course covers:
1- Foundation & Beauty Makeup:
- Intro to IMA Books.
- Hygiene and Skin.
- Color theory, color correction and skin tone origins
- Foundations, bases and cream textures, Bronzing
- Face Shapes, Contouring.
- Eye shapes, Lip shapes >> Day Look.
- Eye shapes >> Cut crease with Bold lips.
- Eye shapes >> Smokey, Nude lips.
- Eye Color blocks, Eyeliners and lashes.
- Mature skin
- Male grooming.
- Dark Skin.
- European bridal.
- Asian Bridal.
- Arabic bridal.
- Monochromatic make-up.
- Glitter shimmer and feathers.
- Photoshoot-Practice/ concept making.
2 - Hair Styling
- Hygiene and Safety
- Basic Hair Chemistry
- Plaits – Three Strand, French and Fish Tail
- The Perfect Pony Tail
- Blow Drying techniques
- Hair Straightening
- Back Combing/brushing
- Creating root lift and curl
- Tonging/electrical curling
- 60s beehive
- Victory Rolls
- Pin curls and Rag sets
- Types of Hair pins and correct use
- Bridal: Hair Doughnut, Chignon
- Hair finishing and texturising
- Hair Assessment
3 - Theatre & Stage Makeup:
- Pop Art
- Face Painting / Kids
- Face Painting / Skulls
- Ancient Egyptian
- French Revolution
- Airbrush Beauty
- Airbrush Creative
- Body Painting
- 1920s with brow blocking
- Avant-garde with creative lashes
- Witch with grease paint/water colours
- Bald caps and fantasy
- Photo shoot practice
- Photo shoot
- After an IMA course, you will be required to complete a portfolio/file and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- The exam date may be at the end of the course or at a later date depending on the availability of examiners. Therefore students must check with the college before booking to find out the date of exam.
- No previous experience required.
- Casual dress code.
- A good Level of English is required.
- You are only required to bring your own set of professional make-up brushes and In-Class Tool Kit.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have make-up applied on you as well as applying it to others.
- Photographic evidence of make-up will be required for all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
Dates & Timings:
8 Weeks – Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10:00 Am – 05:00 PM)
- Start Date: (08, March, 2020), End Date: (30, April, 2020)
Accredited by: KHDA
All the Make-up is supplied by the College
At LCM we only use the best of products and equipment in the industry to provide you with the finest learning experience. A vast range of professional make-up products are supplied for class use.
- MAC Pro Card: Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a 40% discount.
- Kryolan Discount Card: Once you finish your make-up course, you will get a customized Kryolan Discount Card which offers a 20% discount.
- Most industry make-up brands offer make-up artist discounts. One you obtain your qualification you can inquire with brands if they offer this and submit the required information to sign up for the discounts .
College Location & Facilities
- Our college is located in the heart of Dubai Knowledge Park. It is an educational free trade zone campus that provides facilities for training and learning institutions.
- It is easily accessible by Metro (10 mins. walk )
- It is easily accessible by Tram ( 3 mins. walk )
- It is easily accessible by Bus ( 1 mins. walk )
Valet Parking services & Street Parking are also available.
Portfolio Building (2 Professional Photo-shoots)
During the course you will have two photo-shoots working with Professional Models and learning the high standards of working professionally in a studio environment.
- Students who successfully complete this course will be eligible to join on amazing work opportunities through Expo2020 such as the Opera House in Dubai and many more, subject to their visa status in the UAE.
- The College is collaborating with M.H. Alshaya Co., one of leading retail franchise operators in the Middle East, to provide work opportunities for graduates of our College. On completion of their course with the College, graduates will be able to apply for a full-time role with one of top health & beauty brands Like MAC cosmetic & more.
- Our Alumni (Former Students) will be offered work experience when available through our close connections with the fashion and beauty industry.
We help them build their portfolios and confidence to get a head start in the competitive industry.
- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
Our Qualifications are truly international
Most fashion make-up houses who employ pro staff would require a recognized independent qualifications to show that the employee has the standard level of understanding in hygiene, application and client care.
The following items are required and supplied by the college and included in the total course cost:
- All Products are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA.
- IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red).
- IMA Fashion/Photographic/Media Book (Green).
- IMA Course Notes Book.
- IMA Examination.
- Portfolio Building (2 Photo-shoots with Professional Models).
Total Course Cost: AED 24,000
Note 1: If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is AED525.
Note 2: If students request a date re-schedule for the exam, the retake fees will be AED1,575
(*) Excluding Taxes