Terms and Conditions
1- London College of Make-up FZ LLC (“L.C.M”) maintains the LondonCollegeofMakeup.com website (“Website”) under the Dubai Creative Cluster Authority,
License number: 91322 & Educational Services Permit number: 61885.
3- L.C.M reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Website.
Please check this page of the Website periodically.
4- The modules appearing on L.C.M Website could include technical or typographical errors. The L.C.M college makes all the effort to ensure that the information contained within the Website is accurate, and L.C.M cannot be held responsible for any errors or omission and the contents do not form any part of a contractual obligation.
6- SITE OPERATION: United Arab Emirates is our Country of Domicile. L.C.M controls this Website from the U.A.E. L.C.M makes no representation that this Website is appropriate for use in other locations. If you use this Website from other locations you are responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws.
7- L.C.M will not provide any services to individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of OFAC targeted
countries AND individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under the OFAC programs and sanctioned countries.
8- LINKS AND SEARCH RESULTS: The Website may automatically produce search results that reference and/or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. L.C.M has no control over these sites or the content within them. L.C.M does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. L.C.M does not endorse the content of any third-party site, nor does it make any representation or warranty about these sites, including that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Website to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against L.C.M for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Website to obtain search results or to link to another site.
If you have a problem with a link from the Website, you may notify us at “ info@LondonCollegeofmakeup.com”.
10- Headings & section titles in this Agreement are for convenience and do not define, limit, or extend any provision of this Agreement.
Enrollment & Payments
1- It is your responsibility to read all our online course details and ensure that you have received sufficient information and advice on the course that matches your needs. For more information, the student/client can communicate with our Educational Team (by telephone, letter or email) or by having a ‘personal interview’ with us any time during our opening hours.
2- Only a 50% deposit is required when making a booking for a course to confirm your seat.
3- The full course fee (the balance) should be paid to the college no later than the starting date of the course.
Failure to pay the balance by the starting date of your course will result in the deposit being lost with NO entitlement to continue on the course and a change to a new course date will NOT be granted.
5- L.C.M accepts the following mode of payments: Online payment (Visa & MasterCard), Bank transfer, Account deposit, Cheques and Cash payment at the L.C.M College.
6- L.C.M accepts online payment by Visa or MasterCard debit and credit cards in AED for its products and services.
You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours or that you have been granted authorized use of the card by the owner of the credit / debit card.
7- LCM uses a third-party payment gateway provider to collect payments from customers on our Website. No cards’ details will be stored, sold, and saved in our L.C.M record and not shared to any other third parties.
8- If the issuer of the credit/debit card refuses to authorize payment, we will cancel your booking immediately and contact you for an alternative method of payment. In this case, L.C.M will not be liable for any delay, loss or damage caused to you, nor your failure of joining a course.
9- If you are an international Student/Customer, the final price will be calculated in accordance with the applicable exchange rate to AED currency and this rate depends on your bank or your card issuer.
10- Students making payments of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that proof of payment from their bank accompanies their application form. The remitting bank must quote the full name of the attending student on the details of payment.
11- Students wishing to pay by Bank transfer / Account deposit, Cheque or Cash, should first email the school to send them via email a ‘non-payment’ application form link. Students are also welcome to visit the College reception to complete the registration process.
12- If your payment is done by Bank Transfer, all fees must be received by the College without deduction; therefore all bank charges and exchange rates must be paid by the applicant.
13- L.C.M will send a confirmation Email & SMS to the student after the registration along with a TAX invoice and Payment Receipt to inform you that your seat booking has been confirmed and L.C.M has received your 50% payment deposit. If you do not receive the Email/SMS it means that your registration is NOT yet confirmed and you must contact the College to understand any further procedure required to complete your registration.
14- A student is accepted on a course subject to the condition that the student will attend on the date (the start date) and at the time specified in the confirmation Email.
15- L.C.M Courses and services appearing on the Website are subject to acceptance and availability.
16- The cardholder, student or client must retain a copy of transaction records and L.C.M Merchant policies and rules.
17- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password – if any -and for restricting access to your account from any devices, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
18- A good Level of English is required for all our courses. Students unable to understand or speak/write in English will not be permitted to study, attend, register or join on our courses.
FEES, CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
1. Deposits are non-refundable if a student cancels their booking for whatever reason (For example: PERSONAL PROBLEMS, ILLNESS, ALLERGY, CHANGE OF MIND, RELOCATION, PREGNANCY, ILLNESS OR DEATH IN THE FAMILY, CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, FAILURE TO OBTAIN A LOAN or VISA or if the border control refuse your entry, ETC.) less than 21 days prior to the start date of the course, unless the course is cancelled by the college.
2. The IMA registration fee “AED 530” and Cancellation fee of “4.5%” from the total refund amount are non-refundable in the case of a cancellation request by the applicant.
3. For Non-IMA courses the LCM registration fee “AED 320” and Cancellation fee of “4.5%” from the total refund amount are non-refundable in the case of a cancellation request by the applicant.
4. If a payment is done by cheque and the cheque returns, an “AED 250” fee must be paid on each cheque returned for mismatch reason and/or lack of funds in the Account.
5. Fees are not refundable When cancelling a booking after joining the course. The full payment will be forfeited in case the student cancels their course for whatever reason after joining (For example: PERSONAL PROBLEMS, ILLNESS, ALLERGY, CHANGE OF MIND, RELOCATION, PREGNANCY, ILLNESS OR DEATH IN THE FAMILY, CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, FAILURE TO OBTAIN A LOAN or VISA or if the border control refuse your entry, ETC.)
6. For change of course date, the “AED 160” change date fee must be paid and at least 12 days’ written notice must be given to London College of Make-up prior to the starting date.
A- The new/next course date is subject to availability.
B- The applicant can only make one change of date.
C- Once a change of course date has been made by the applicant, a refund is no longer possible for the course fees.
7. Students are only allowed to upgrade their course booking. Any course downgrade requests cannot be granted.
8. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God, environmental disasters, terrorist act or by UAE government or UAE authority.
9. For Cancellation, please send an email first to: email@example.com and call us directly +97144547686 right after the email. without this we cannot check and process your request. The student/Client is the only authorized person to raise this refund request.
10. All refunds (if applicable) will be made in the same mode of payment and will be processed within 7 to 45 days depending on the mode of payment and your bank.
11. Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been received by the school.
1- We offer a mature training environment and therefore we cannot accept students under the age of 18 years. Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
2- If the customer using the Website is a Minor/under the age of 18, they shall not transact on or use the website.
Applicants with disabilities/illnesses
Applicants with disabilities or medical needs must clarify their condition to the college prior to booking, in order to receive a confirmation from our education team on whether they can be accommodated in our learning environment before they proceed with a booking.
Punctuality and Attendance
- STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ON THE FIRST DAY OF THEIR COURSE.
- Students must have a minimum of 80% attendance for your course/workshop in order to receive their qualification.
- Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
- It is very important that students maintain good time keeping and attendance.
- Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the College’s Director without prior notice.
- The college will be closed on all UAE public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course or reduction in fees given, unless the course is shorter than 3 days.
- Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfillment of the criteria set out by the awarding body. The decision of the IMA awarding body Director is final in all such cases.
- Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to study on our courses.
- Whilst training, as would be expected in the industry, teachers cannot be held responsible for information missed due to lateness or absence and cannot go back over subject matter already covered for individual students. Some awarding bodies will not allow you to sit their examination if you have not achieved the correct level of attendance.
Assessments and Exams
- After an IMA course, you will be required to complete a portfolio/file and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- The exam date may be at the end of the course or at a later date depending on the availability of examiners. Therefore students must check with the college before booking to find out the date of exam.
- Students failing to complete their examination or subjects etc. will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing.
- Students can attend the first exam that follows their course free-of-charge.
- Rescheduling for the next exam dates is chargeable at a fee of “AED 1,575”.
- If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is “AED 525” with condition that the retake is done within the dates of the same exam period (Subject to time and seat availability).
- As with all college systems, students must attend an exam date within 1 year from their course starting date. Students failing to do so must take any refresher course prior to extending their exam schedule for one more year.
- If the College cancels an exam schedule, the College will give a time extension to the next exam date available.
- If students lost their IMA books:
– The IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red) fee is: AED 160
– The IMA Fashion/Photographic/Media Book (Green) fee is: AED 150
– The IMA Course Notes Book fees is: AED 150
- All students must adhere to the dress code whilst on college premises. Students are required to wear respectable clothing.
- To prevent hazards and accidents in the college, high heels are not permitted. Only flats or low heels of maximum 3 cm. can be worn.
- Eating, chewing gum and smoking breaks are completely prohibited during class hours.
Due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras and audio recording is not permitted during theory and demonstration hours.
You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Website for your own personal use AND that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than for personal use.
All the contents of photos and videos taken by L.C.M staff of student’s work, including but not limited to behind the scenes, the daily’s demos, etc. remain the property of LCM, and may be used for promotional purposes.
If any student behaves improperly on the college premises including any form of bad verbal language, cheating during an assessment/exam, damages, takes or removes any equipment belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately.
1- London College of Make-up does NOT offer any student or visit visa as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 90 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa.
2- You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country, However we can issue a stamped confirmation letter (Free of Charge) of your course booking with LCM which may help you with your personal visa application.
3- London College of Make-up strongly recommend that you do not book a flight to the Dubai or/& hotel until your booking seat has been confirmed and you have received an Email confirmation of your 50% payment deposit.
Value-Added Tax Clause:
1- Effective 1 January 2018, VAT is charged at 5% on all our Courses, Education Services and other Education Fees by L.C.M within the UAE.
2- The advertised prices for Courses & Education Services displayed at L.C.M Website are exclusive of any VAT.
3- Your final price will be reflected in the online payment and Tax invoice/Pro-Forma invoice with details, once the course registration is completed online or/and at college.
4- The Tax Registration Number (TRN) of London College of Make-up FZ LLC is: 100260368400003