Full Make-up Diploma Course
8 Week IMA Foundation/Fashion/Photographic/Media & Special Effects Make-up Diploma (+) Hair Styling Diploma Course.
The ultimate course for those who are serious about a career in high-fashion and Media Make-up Artistry.
This course will take you from a basic foundation level, through to a high level of photographic and creative make-up. Working in pairs, the students work on each other to gain the widest range of experience. A vast range of top make-up brands are supplied for class use.
It is suitable for beginners and experienced artists requiring a refresher.
The course covers:
1- Foundation Course:
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Full client consultation: skin analysis, face, eye & brow.
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure
- Colour wheel – theory and identification.
- Colour correction (warming/cooling).
- Choosing and application of foundation
- Concealer choice and application
- Sun kissing (bronzer, shading, highlighting)
- Powder application
- Application of eye makeup (many techniques)
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual
- Lipstick, blusher application
- Product awareness.
- Day and Evening Make-up
- European Bridal Make-up
- Theory exam and Mock exam
2 - Creative Course:
- Catwalk smokey eyes Make-up with gloss
- Creative Make-up: pop art
- Eyebrow concealing with 1920s makeup
- Diamontes,glitter and Feathers look
- Glamorous Make-up: Double eyeliner
- Aqua colour mask make-up
- 1950s: pin-up look (photographic make-up)
- 1960s Make-up: Twiggy look
- Graphic lips
- Color Photographic photo Shoot
- Monochromatic make-up
3- Photographic, Theatrical and Media:
- Airbrushing Course
- Face and Body Painting
- French Revolution
- Ancient Egyptian
- Monochrome Photo Shoot
4 - Special Effects Make-up Course:
- False beards & moustaches / stubble.
- Cuts, bruises and scarring.
- Bullet wound
- Burns to third degree.
- Spots / Blemish.
- Pigmented Mole with hair
- Open Bleeding Wound
- Severed Finger
- Cold Sore /Scab
- Sweat and Sunburn
- Slit wrists and slit throat
5 - Hair Styling Diploma Course
- Hygiene and Safety
- Basic Hair Chemistry
- Plaits – Three Strand, French and Fish Tail
- Basic Blow Drying techniques
- Hair Straightening
- Advanced Blow Drying to create root lift and curl
- Roller set and Root movement theory
- Pin curl and Rag sets
- Tonging / electrical curling
- Hair finishing and texturizing
- The Perfect Pony Tail
- Twisting and pinning hair
- Preparation for putting hair up
- Dressing long hair – Chignon, Classic bun
- Back combing/brushing
- Beehive hair style
- Types of hair pins and correct use
- Hair Assessment
- After an IMA course, you will be required to complete a portfolio/file and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- The exam date may be at the end of the course or at a later date depending on the availability of examiners. Therefore students must check with the college before booking to find out the date of exam.
- No previous experience required.
- Casual dress code.
- A good Level of English is required.
- You are only required to bring your own set of professional make-up brushes and In-Class Tool Kit.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have make-up applied on you as well as applying it to others.
- Photographic evidence of make-up will be required for all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
Dates & Timings:
8 Weeks – Full Time Course.
From: Sunday To: Thursday (10:00 Am – 05:00 PM)
- Start Date: (10 March 2019), End Date: (02 May 2019)
- Start Date: (16 June 2019), End Date: (06 August 2019)
- Start Date: (25 August 2019), End Date: (17 October 2019)
- Start Date: (27 October 2019), End Date: (19 December 2019)
1- IMA Make-up Application Certificate.
2- IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair.
3- IMA Fashion, Photographic and Media Make-up Diploma.
Accredited by: KHDA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
All the Make-up is supplied by the College
At LCM we only use the best of products and equipment in the industry to provide you with the finest learning experience. A vast range of top make-up brands are supplied for class use.
- MAC Pro Card: Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a 40% discount.
- Kryolan Discount Card: Once you finish your make-up course, you will get a customized Kryolan Discount Card which offers a 20% discount on all the SFX Make-up products.
- Pro Hygiene: 20% discount on purchase during the class seminar.
- Kitmate: 20% discount on online purchase by using discount code.
College Location & Facilities
- Our college is located in the heart of Dubai Knowledge Park. It is an educational free trade zone campus that provides facilities for training and learning institutions.
- It is easily accessible by Metro (10 mins. walk )
- It is easily accessible by Tram ( 3 mins. walk )
- It is easily accessible by Bus ( 1 mins. walk )
Valet Parking services & Street Parking are also available.
Portfolio Building (2 Professional Photo-shoots)
During the course you will have one Studio Color photo-shoot and one Monochrome photo-shoot with Professional Models. Teaching the high standards of working professionally in a studio environment.
- The College is collaborating with M.H. Alshaya Co., one of leading retail franchise operators in the Middle East, to provide work opportunities for graduates of our College. On completion of their course with the College, graduates will be able to apply for a full-time role with one of top health & beauty brands Like MAC cosmetic & more.
- Our Alumni (Former Students) will be offered work experience when available through our close connections with the fashion and beauty industry.
We help them build their portfolios and confidence to get a head start in the competitive industry.
- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
Our Qualifications are truly international
We provide an industry benchmark for make-up artists and those who want to employ make-up artists.
Most fashion make-up houses who employ pro staff would require a recognized independent qualifications to show that the employee has the standard level of understanding in hygiene, application and client care.
The following items are required and supplied by the college and included in the total course cost:
- All Products are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA.
- IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red).
- IMA Fashion/Photographic/Media Book (Green).
- IMA Course Notes Book.
- IMA Examination.
- Portfolio Building (2 Photo-shoots with Professional Models).
Total Course Cost: AED 25,500
Note 1: If students fail their exam, the IMA Examination retake fee is AED525.
Note 2: If students request a date re-schedule for the exam, the retake fees will be AED1,575
(*) Excluding Taxes